Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Sadness of Virginia Tech


Our hearts and prayers go out to those at VT. So many brilliant lives cut short, and only God knows why. Having a college age daughter, I find myself frightened to allow her to go to classes. I want her home, safe and protected with me.

As a writer, It is hard for me to admit, but I just don't have the words to convey my feelings of love, pain and sympathy. So instead I do the best thing I know...I ask Gods mercy on you and pray that he will be there to help you through this.


Cho Seung-Hui was a very troubled young man. I also pray for his family. I wonder what has happened in his young life that made him so angry, so torn apart inside that he would do such a thing as this.

It would be so easy to allow my pain and sadness to turn to anger and start pointing fingers and blaming, as so many have already begun doing. It won't bring back our children, and it won't make things easier for those who have so much pain to deal with right now. So what I will do, and what I ask each of my readers to do, is to take a minute or two to pray for the families, the students and faculty, and the town. Let us also pray for our country and for Gods guidance and love. God have mercy on us all.

Amen

No comments: